Update: Alright guys, I think I’ve got enough translators now.
If I haven’t replied to you, that means you haven’t been selected.
A lot of people offered to help. You guys are awesome!
Hey guys, I’m gonna start translating Bullet Heaven 2, in the same way I did EBF4.
So that means it’s going to be translated into German, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
There’s much less text this time, so it shouldn’t take as long as last time, and we can use some of the EBF4 translations for reference.
I reckon the whole project should only take a few afternoons, but you’ll need to be on standby for any last-minute changes to the script.
What we did last time was we had 1 or 2 people translating for each language, and another 2 or 3 proofreading it and making suggestions.
If you want to help out, leave me a comment or note, or email me at email@example.com.
Stuff you should include in your comment are:
- Your email address.
- What language you want to do.
- Whether you’d like to translate (more work) or just proof read.
- Link me to some paragraphs you’ve written in English (a blog or something), so I know you’re fluent in it and are a cool person.
- Let me know how much free time you have, especially if I may need to replace you later.
Stuff you’ll need:
- A Google account for using Google Docs.
- You’ll have to be somewhat familiar with my games, the characters, and the style of humour.
- Ideally you’ll have played a bit of EBF4 in your language. (the script will still be available for reference)
- For legal purposes, you’ll have to agree that your translation can be used in every release of the game, and possibly in future games, indefinitely.
If you worked on the EBF4 translation, you can skip most of that and just remind me your name and email.
In particular, I’m interested to hear from people who know how to write in a dialect-neutral way. I think we did okay with German and French last time, but I think Spanish ended up too American, and Europeans were not happy. I’m not sure if it’s possible or not to write Spanish that way, so let me know what you think.
Translators and proofreaders will be awarded with a mention in the credits, Steam codes for them and their friends, and possibly a little cash bonus too.