Here’s a walkthrough of how to transfer saved games from the web version of EBF4, to the Steam version. Any version of the game should work, but only the Kongregate version is up to date, so the rest have a tiny chance of causing problems.
Here’s the basics:
• Flash files save data in .sol files, or Flash cookies, and puts them in hard to find folders, which are different for each operating system.
• EBF4 on Steam uses .meow files to save data, and puts them in the installation folder. It will try to load .sol files if no .meow files are found.
• The save files are always called “EBF4file[1-7]“, in both .sol and .meow formats.
Here’s what to do:
1. Create a save file in the Steam version. This will create a .meow file and a temporary .sol file. This will help identify which folder is being used for .sol files.
2. You’ll need at least one empty save slot in the Steam version. If you don’t have any, you’ll have to delete some saves by going into the installation folder, and deleting some .meow files. Do this while the game is running, otherwise Steam Cloud will redownload the .meow files when you start the game.
3. Search your whole computer (including hidden folders) for files starting with “EBF4file”, and open the two folders containing the Kongregate and Steam .sol files. The folder for the Steam files should have “localhost” in the path name, while the Kongregate folder should have “assets.kongregate.com/gamez”, or something like that.
4. Move the files you want from the Kongregate folder to the Steam folder.
Rename them if you have to. Remember to only use slots that aren’t used by .meow files in the installation folder.
5. Your files should now appear in the Steam version when you try to continue a game. To convert them to .meow files, just load them, and save them.
Your achievements and options will not be transferred, btw.
I hope that all made sense!