EBF5: Translation Progress

Hey guys, I’ve updated the EBF5 Beta to version 0.13.
Most of the update is just related to translations: Menus, skills, equips, foes, medals, and items text is in there now. (No dialogue though) It’s still a work in progress, and the translations aren’t final – feel free to read through the translations and give us some feedback on the EBF Discord, or let us know of any text related issues. (There’s a chance that I broke some user-interface stuff)

For those that don’t know, EBF5 will be in: Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Polish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Korean and Japanese. So if you’re familiar with any of those languages, please try them out in-game and tell us if we’re doing a good job so far.

Garden Adventures

So now that Summer is over, I can do a write up of my gardening adventures.
We recently bought a house, which while in very good condition, had a very plain and low maintenance garden. In particular, there’s a 25sqm area that’s simply covered in gravel. I would prefer to have grass, so dogs can run around. It can’t be that hard to remove the gravel by hand and lay down some grass, right?

Well, the top layer of gravel was quite useful, and I reused some of it in other parts of the garden, and gave a few car-fulls of it to my mum, who used it in her garden. The problem was that under the gravel was a much thicker layer of useless concrete and rubble. That took many digging sessions to get rid of – and around 15 trips to the dump in my medium sized car. In the end I excavated 6 or 7 tonnes of rubble with just a shovel, pickaxe and some buckets. It definitely would have been worth hiring some professional equipment for that… but at least it was good exercise.

back garden

Once the rubble was gone, I finally reached the topsoil, but there was a final challenge. The soil was full of buried chunks of fences, bricks, and slabs! I had to go through it all with the pickaxe and pull out even more rubble. On the bright side, some of the slabs were complete, and I used them to build flower beds later! I didn’t get to plant the grass this year, but the area is almost ready so that I can plant it in Spring. I didn’t expect grass would be so much work. I invited some friends and family over, and we had a little planting session in the corner of that area.

In another part of the garden, we wanted to get rid of some grass and build flower beds along the fence, as this would make for a great view from the patio and rear windows. My mum cloned many of her plants for us, and Ronja helped with the planting and layout. The problem this time is that the grass didn’t want to die, and started growing back a few weeks later. That project is still a work in progress, and we’ll see how many of the plants survive…

front garden

We also extended the driveway a bit to look a bit more aesthetic, and so that it can potentially fit in an extra car. Whoever originally laid the driveway slabs got a bit lazy and didn’t put them all the way along the fence, so we cut some slabs into triangles and filled in the gaps. It seems like a simple job, but if you don’t flatten the ground underneath, they can wobble or break when you step on them, and one of ours cracked through the middle. Also at 70KG each, slabs are surprisingly heavy and make for a good workout.

I got some old decorative garden furniture from my mum, scraped the old flaky paint off, and spray painted it black. The intricate design made this a huge pain. I didn’t manage to get all the old paint off, so I’m sure the new layer won’t last that long now. But for now it makes for a really nice decoration in front of the house.

Anyway, that about covers everything. This was all very new to me, as I haven’t done much gardening in the past. I learned a lot in the process, and also got much fitter. It was satisfying how little money we spent on all that – mostly on a few essential tools and compost. Most of the plants and materials were recycled, either from my parents’ garden or from Gumtree. It just took a lot of hard, dirty work.

garden me

Lego Mario Power Ups

I discovered colors!
For a while I thought that modern Lego had too many colors and it was hard to make use of them all, but now I appreciate them. I’m not sure which exact version of Mario these are from, since they look like updated Super Mario Bros 3 sprites, and I changed them a bit more to work with the bricks I had available. But either way, they turned out very shiny, and I’ll keep probably keep these around for a long time as decorations. They took about an hour each to make.

mario lego

EBF5: Japanese Translations

Hey, it looks like the Japanese translation of EBF5 might need to be cancelled. We’ve got a few people on the team, but we only have one native Japanese speaker, and it’s a bit too much responsibility for him alone to double-check everything. So unless I have one or two more native Japanese fans out there, we probably don’t have the manpower to do a good translation.

Get in contact with me at kupo707@hotmail.com if you can help.
Thanks!

Lego Skull

I’m getting into this Lego mosaic thing.
I don’t know where this skull is originally from though, sorry.
I’m just looking through pixel art for designs that would look good in Lego.

lego skull