Version 1.33 of EBF5 is up on the Google Play Store, here’s a list of changes:
• Added support for resolutions up to 20:9. The game should look much better on longer phones. (many battle animations have been extended, let me know if any are incorrect) (I’m also curious if screen cutouts/notches cause any issues)
• Added an option to lock the game in the original 16:9 ratio, in the experimental options menu.
• Added cloud saving. In the experimental options menu, you can upload and download saved data. (tap the star in the options menu) (this will eventually be automatic on start up and shut down of the app, but for now it’s done manually) (downloaded data will only be used if the cloud files are newer than the local files)
• Added an option to disable cloud saving in the experimental options menu. (if you don’t want to share data across devices)
• Added back the hidden equipment color variants. (removing them was a mistake)
• Added 10 new weapon color variants – 2 for each character.
• Added a prompt to rate the app, which triggers after boss fights. (frequency of prompts is limited)
• Added a preview of the Cheats and Challenges menu which shows their details before you purchase them.
• Made the DLC shop look a bit shinier.
• Cleaned up the Glitched icons, to make them easier to select, since you have no cursor on mobile.
The list of changes is quite short this time, but cloud saving and wider aspect ratios took a LOT of work and are a big deal!
EBF5 is now feature complete – all that’s left is fixing a few bugs and translating a couple of new lines of text.