Hey guys, I’m making a lot of progress on the new Adventure Story levels. Here’s some gifs. They’re pretty hard but should still be totally beatable unless you’re playing on Extreme mode. When Adventure Story is done, I’ll have to do a livestream of the whole game to see if Extreme mode is beatable… the hardest part isn’t the super powerful boss attacks, it’s the really weak attacks that surprise you and still kill you in one hit.
Adventure Story is the longest game in the EBF Collection, and it never got a sequel, so it seems fair to give it the most new content. Anyone trying to 100% it will definitely get a decent amount of playtime out of this game.
The Epic Battle Fantasy Collection will include a folder of old prototypes and unused stuff. A lot of it was only published on DeviantArt, and nowhere else, so there’s sure to be plenty of people who haven’t seen it.
Either way, it’s a little look into how I learned to code and animate, and a chance to think about what might have been. Nothing too exciting, but there may be one or two things in there that I’ve never shared.
Hey guys, I’m currently working on what will probably be the most time-consuming addition to the Epic Battle Fantasy Collection – adding color changing to Mecha Dress Up Game!
This is something I wanted to add to the game when it was first made, but it seemed like a lot of hassle to get working. Turns out it is indeed a lot of work, mainly because I need to specify which exact sections on each part change to which colors. It doesn’t help when a lot of the parts are animated.
The game’s been re-programmed in ActionScript 3, so this means it can finally use the right and middle mouse buttons to make navigation easier. For a many years, Flash could not use those buttons. I’m also gonna add a screenshot button, and a new soundtrack!
I’m really looking forward to seeing what people make in this, as Steam makes it incredibly easy to share screenshots.
Hey guys, the next game I’m updating for the EBF Collection is Brawl Royale. I opened up the source .fla file to find that it’s been slightly corrupted by the ages, and won’t open in any version of Flash besides Animate 2020, which does not support ActionScript 2. Long story short: I’m reprogramming the game in ActionScript 3, which luckily isn’t very hard, since the game is basically a short slideshow.
Anyway, being in AS3, it does mean the game could quite easily run on mobile in Adobe AIR, and it only needs one button to play, so maybe that’s something for me to consider later.
But not yet. For now we’re sticking to the desktop, and the two major changes you’ll see in the game are: • The copyrighted stuff will need to be replaced; including music and a few characters. • I’m adding 4 difficulty modes, and you won’t be forced to play on the stupidly hard one. You also won’t be able to cheese the game by remembering the exact timing of the stages.