Hey guys, the big EBF5 version 2 update is going to go live for everyone on Steam on Saturday the 15th.
I’m announcing this early because the price of EBF5 is going to go from $15 to $20, so consider this your last chance to buy it at the old price!
The current opt-in version, which I just uploaded, is pretty much finished (v2.0.0, no BETA label on the main menu), but I might still make some minor balancing tweaks before the final launch. Either way, it’s time to get it shipped. And if you don’t want to wait, you might as well play it now. (to opt-in, go to the game’s properties in the Steam client, and select v2.0 in the betas tab)
Here’s a spoiler-free summary of what’s new:
• 52 “new” foes, with a large portion of them being bosses or mini bosses.
• 31 new achievements.
• 16 new Flair equips, 12 new skills and 2 new limit breaks.
• 50 new monster cards – a new item type.
• A new biome, 3 new dungeons, and many secret areas.
• Significant balancing and quality of life changes.
• A “Cheats and Challenges” menu that lets you customize the difficulty to a massive degree.
• A “Custom Quest” menu that lets you start a new game with major changes – such as playing with only one character, a new set of equip stats, different foes in each battle, etc.
• More art in the gallery!
You can continue from your existing save file, but I recommend starting from the beginning for the best experience. (maybe on a custom game mode!)