Hey guys, I’m working on Epic Battle Fantasy 3 at the moment.
I’m thinking about what changes to make, and here’s my plan so far:
• Ads removed – except for links to EBF4 and BH2.
• Small options menu somewhere, with mute, quality, fullscreen, fast forward, and window size buttons. Can’t promise all of those but I’ll try.
• Less file compression on jpegs and music.
That’s probably it to be honest. The game is made in ActionScript 2 (which is like 8 years out of date) so it’s unlikely that I’ll get any of the Steam features working. But I will see if it’s possible.
I’m also not going to change stuff like spelling and grammar mistakes – because they’re everywhere and it would be a slippery slope to rewriting the whole thing. It’s an old game and it’s very poorly made by my current standards. I don’t want to waste any time fixing stuff I’m not happy with – because that’s most of the game.
Anyway, I’ve got the game compiling and running correctly at the moment – which was tough actually, because a lot of the files were missing chunks for some reason. Luckily I managed to find backups. I was very stingy with Dropbox usage when I was on the free version back then.