I’ve decided to make a list of updates in the free version of EBF4, since some of them are easy to miss. Obviously this list contains spoilers if you would rather find all of the changes yourself.
SMALL GAMEPLAY UPDATES:
• NoLegs and the other cats have been re-skinned.
• Jellies and Green Slimes have also been slightly re-skinned, along with most of the returning bosses from EBF3.
• You now start the game with enough money to buy a few items.
• Secret jungle area has lower level enemies now, because people were going there earlier than I thought they would.
• Copper Fish and Slingers are no longer weak against thunder, because thunder was overpowered at the start of the factory.
• Some equips nerfed (like the Alchemist bow), others improved (Alchemist staff, Cursed Armor etc). I don’t remember all of the changes… but a lot of weapons which were quite useless now have higher stats.
• School Uniform and Shrine Maiden Dress double healing item power. (like the Casual Shirt)
• The Mage Hat doubles healing spell power. (like the Nurse Hat)
• Chips and Crisps now heal a percentage of max HP, instead of a fixed number. (making Chips very useful at high levels)
• Many of Anna’s skills were improved in either power or chance of status effects. The Sawblade skills also have a higher chance of instant death.
• Lance’s Double Shot and Unload skills select a new target if the original target dies. (like Cleaver)
• Damage numbers now change color if damage is effected by resistance. Yellow for super effective, dark gray for not very effective.
• The option to disable tips is back.
• Equip type is now shown when buying at a shop.
• “Sell All” button added to item shops.
• A new battle theme is used for the ??? and early Godcat encounters.
• Final Godcat is 1 level stronger. (actually makes a big difference)
NEW BATTLES (SPOILERS):
• Furry Slimes are found in many areas now.
• Kitten Igloos guard the entrance to the factory.
• The mammoth is now obtained by fighting the mammoth.
• Jack is a jungle miniboss now.
• Kitten Trojan Horses guard the entrance to the jungle.
• Sandworm is the boss of the beach area now, and guards the stepladder.
• Protector summon is obtained after fighting the Protector, after getting the 4 temple orbs.
• Hydra is found in the graveyard after getting the flying boots, and can be used for level grinding.